The Visual Editor allows you to connect Ambassador with your website and publish changes in real time without having to write code. Through the Editor, you can build and customize the following:
- Refer-a-Friend Module: The RAF module is a quick and easy way for your web visitors to enroll in your campaign and refer others from their network. For more information and to view examples, check out our support article: What is the Refer-A-Friend (RAF) module?
- Welcome Message: A welcome message allows you to show customers a pop-up message that includes a discount code and personal greeting to indicate that they were referred by a friend.
- Conversion: A conversion is what triggers a commission. It is often added to your purchase confirmation page. Please note, every campaign needs a conversion integration, whether that is done through our Visual Editor or API.
- Identify: The Identify method lets you capture user’s identity to allow Single Sign-On (SSO) with your Refer-a-Friend modules.
How do I add the code snippet to my website?
Before you can use the Editor, you’ll need to add the code snippet to the global head tag of your website. Alternatively, if you use Google Tag Manager, the code can be added there instead. Follow the steps below to access this code.
Step 1: In the navigation menu on the left, click "Editor." You'll end up here.
Step 2: At the bottom of the box that says “Which website are you integrating with?” click the “Here you go” text and a pop-up will appear.
Step 3: Within the pop-up, you can either copy and paste the code or click the blue “Email Snippet” button to send the code to a developer on your team.
Step 4: Paste the snippet code into the global head tag of your website. Once the snippet code is saved in your website code, you’ll need to approve the website in Ambassador. To do so, click the blue “Manage Websites” button on the “Editor” page in the top-right corner. A pop-up will then appear with websites that may have the snippet code installed.
Step 5: Check the box next to the website name and three buttons will appear in the top right corner to approve, deny or test the snippet code. Once approved, you can launch the Visual Editor and start creating RAF modules, welcome messages, conversions and identifiers.
Other support articles you may be interested in:
- How do I create a Refer-a-Friend (RAF) module?
- How do I create a conversion?
- How do I create an Identify method?