Whether you’re building your first campaign or launching a new one, follow these steps to begin the process of creating your campaign.
How do I configure my campaign?
Step 1: In the navigation menu on the left, click “Campaigns.”
Step 2: At the top of this page, click the blue “+ New Campaign” button. You’ll end up here.
Step 3: Start completing each of the fields under the “Campaign Setup” tab to fill in your campaign basics.
- Campaign Name: This is where you’ll write a short name for your campaign. Please note, the campaign name and description are ambassador-facing within the Portal.
- Campaign Description: The copy here should provide a concise description of the campaign and incentive that entices ambassadors to share.
- Ambassador Relationship: This is where you’ll indicate the type of campaign you’re setting up. In the drop-down menu, you can choose from the following options: customers, affiliates, partners, influencers or employees.
- Landing Pages: When your ambassadors share their referral link, this is the URL that their link will point to by default. We suggest setting the landing page URL to the page where you want the referee to complete an action (such as a purchase page or a lead form). Please note, if you are on the Enterprise plan, after saving the campaign you can further edit this landing page URL or add multiple landing pages. You can edit your link to include a source, medium or even set up a custom share code formula. For more information about these features, check out our support article: How do I add landing pages?
- Sharing: The sharing settings allow you to provide your ambassadors with more customization and control over their referral links. There are three sharing settings you can enable. To learn more about each of these options, check out this support article: Share Links Customization Overview. Please note, these customization features are only available for Enterprise accounts. Additionally, to enable links to be customized, you will need to first create a custom short domain.
- Attribution Duration: This allows you to specify the length of time after a referral link is clicked that an ambassador can earn a commission. We’ve provided some options or you can add a custom attribution duration. Please note, we recommend pushing the duration out as far as possible so you do not miss any commissions.
Step 4: When complete, click “Save Campaign” and move on to the “Advanced Options” section for further customization.
- Custom Short Domain: The custom short domain acts as a vanity URL for your ambassador’s referral link. By default, the referral link is displayed like this: http://mbsy.co/abc12. By creating a custom short domain, it can instead appear as a more customized link like this: http://share.companyname.com/abc12. For more information on getting this set up, check out this support article: Custom Short Domain Overview. Please note, this feature is only available for Enterprise accounts.
- Start & End Date: The start date is set when the campaign is created. Most campaigns run indefinitely and do not require an end date. If you wish to set an end date, add it here. Please note, if you set the start date in the future, the campaign will not be visible inside the portal until that date. This will apply even for ambassadors in test mode.
- Product ID: If you only want to award a commission on the purchase of a particular product, you will assign your unique product ID here. For more information on getting this set up, check out this support article: Product ID Overview. Please note, this functionality requires custom work.
- Landing Page Parameters: If you want to append each ambassador's link with UTM parameters, you can do so here. This is particularly helpful if you are tracking using Google Analytics. Please note, these parameters will override any parameters your ambassadors add if they create their own links in the portal.
- Inactive Link Landing Page: If an ambassador is removed from your campaign or the campaign ends, you can indicate here where the inactive link should direct to. Most often companies will point to their homepage.
Other support articles you may be interested in:
- Campaign Overview
- What is test mode?
- How do I test my campaign?
- How do I assign ambassadors to a campaign?